Pure Purslane (Portulaca)
A healing stage is in effect when the body is in the process of elimination. Reactions may be mild or they may be severe. One should expect this and work toward it.The body’s inherent desire is for perfect health. We have the ability to earn our way back to that state.
The body must go through an elimination process to achieve good health. There will be ups and downs. One does not go immediately into good health. This elimination process we call the ‘healing stages’.
A healing stage is the result of every bodily system in concert to eliminate waste products and set the stage for regeneration. Old tissues are replaced with new. A disease crisis on the other hand, is not a natural one and works against the body’s natural processes.
Symptoms may be identical to the disease, but there is an important difference – elimination. A cleansing, purifying process is underway and stored wastes are in a free-flowing state. Sometimes pain during the healing stages is of greater intensity than when building the chronic disease. This may explain why there may be a brief flare-up in one’s condition.
The healing stage will usually bring about past conditions in whatever order the body is capable of handling at that time.
People often forget the diseases or injuries they have had in the past,but are usually reminded during the healing stage.
Reactions could include skin eruptions, nausea, headache, sleepiness, unusual fatigue, diarrhea, head or chest cold, ear infections, boils, or any other way the body uses to loosen and eliminate toxins. The healing stage usually lasts three days, but if the energy of the patient is low, it may last for a week or more.The body needs water to help carry off toxins. This is a time for rest – mental as well as physical.
One stage is not always enough for a complete cure. The person in a chronic state, who has gone through many disease processes in life, must go through these processes again.
Often the stages will come after one feels their very best, setting the stage for elimination. The whole body must get into action. Most people feel an energy boost the first few days. Then toxins are dumped into the blood stream for elimination.
With a more serious condition there may be many small stages to go through before the final one is possible. Everything must be considered and given its proper place in the build up to a healing stage. One should expect it and work toward it.
Potential difficulties some people may experience when being introduced to a new super food such as Purslane and ways to counteract them are:
- Upset stomach: eat one stick of celery or take two capsules of acidophilus before a meal or take one capsule of bromelain after a meal.
- Loose bowels: take two to four 500 mg capsules of psyllium husks (hulls) with the evening meal.
- Back discomfort: drink one liter of water with a half-ounce of freshly-squeezed lemon juice for two weeks or take four 400 mg capsules of parsley twice a day with meals.
- Bloating: Open a capsule of purslane and use only half a capsule, or 1/8th of a teaspoon of powder added to one once of water and drink after meal. Alternatively, take without liquid and drink water afterwards.
- Constipation: take two 400 mg capsules of cascara sagrada once a day as needed.
Most of the above conditions are usually short in duration.